Defective Seat Back Failure Attorneys
Car and truck manufacturers are supposed to build vehicles that can safely withstand a serious collision. Manufacturers should be focused on driver and passenger safety, particularly by ensuring that in the event of a collision or accident that the seat back will remain stiff and upright. However, in reality it is quite common for the driver as well as the passenger behind them to suffer a severe spinal cord injury due to a defective seat back collapse or the failure of the seat back to remain upright.
Our experienced team of product liability lawyers, investigators, engineers and experts thoroughly investigate all potential contributing factors to a serious accident and aggressively pursue all angles of liability. We hold negligent manufacturers, designers and engineers accountable when a defective seat back failure of a defective seat back collapse is a contributing factor to the cause of a serious injury or wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a a motor vehicle accident, it is extremely important to have experienced product liability lawyers on your side who will thoroughly investigate every angle of liability contributing to the accident and pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
What is a Seat Back Failure or Seat Back Collapse?
Many car and truck manufacturers choose to go with the cheapest seats for the cheaper models of cars and trucks they sell. Seat back failures can happen under many different circumstances. Most of the time seat back failures occur because the person’s weight against the seat back causes the seat to collapse under stress during a collision and can cause serious to fatal injuries.
Common examples of seat back failure include when:
- In a serious rear-end collision, passengers are thrust forward violently and their seat belts and airbags bring them back against the seat with great force. If the seat back falls forward with them, the passenger may wind up being propelled into the windshield
- Passengers are pinned down by their seat back after a collision
- The driver loses control of the vehicle because they can't sit up properly while the vehicle is moving
- Backseat passengers are forced forward in a collision and due to their seat back collapsing, there is nothing to stop them from hitting the front seat back, which can injure both them and those in the seats in front of them
- A faulty head rest fails to support a passengers neck in an accident
Serious Injury Due to a Seat Back Collapse
- Neck and spinal cord injuries which can result in full or partial paralysis
- Brain damage or brain injury from a seat back failure accident
- Broken bones from a seat back failure accident
- Internal bleeding suffered from a body trauma during a collision
- Death from any number of these injuries can occur when there is a seat back failure accident
Contact Our Defective Car Seat Attorneys
If you have any reason to suspect your seat collapsed or failed due to a manufacturer defect, contact our product liability attorneys for a free consultation. Our personal injury lawyers are qualified and have unique resources to assist in evaluating and handling all types of defective motor vehicle cases.
Inform Your Friends and Family...
If you think your family, friends or colleagues might find this website helpful, please share it with them via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or any of the other popular social networking and/or social bookmarking sites by simply clicking below.