Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawsuit FAQ
We have recently received a high volume of calls from victims who need to know more about Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuits. Our lawyers have devised this FAQ page to help educate victims and potential patients and their families about the risks associated with this potentially dangerous medical device and the legal options available to victims harmed by Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft.
If you or a loved one suffered injury or death after receiving Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft, you may be entitled to significant compensation in a medical product liability lawsuit. For more information, contact us for a free legal consultation.
Call us at 1-888-554-2889 to speak to a medical device product liability lawyer personally. We offer:
- A free, no-obligation case evaluation
- No fee unless we win your case
- Flexible appointments
- Helping Medtronic Infuse BMP Bone Graft victims Nationwide
What is Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft?
Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft is laboratory-fabricated and contains recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein (rhBMP), which is naturally occurring in the body. Specially trained surgeons can place this material between the vertebrae, to fill the gap between damaged back bones and replace damaged discs.
The FDA has approved Medtronic Infuse as a treatment for degenerative disc disease and open fractures of the tibia, and also for use in two dental bone grafting procedures. However, Infuse is commonly used in cervical (neck) surgery, an off-label capacity for which it is not FDA-approved. Not only can Medtronic Infuse leak and spur unintended bone growth, but it can also inflame nearby tissue.
On what grounds can a Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuit be filed?
In a Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuit, a number of charges can be brought, such as negligence, liability for a defective medical device, breach of warranty, and misrepresentation. Our attorneys can build a strong case around the following claims:
- Physicians can use a medical product off-label, but it is illegal to advertise medical products for off-label use. We can prove that Medtronic acted in negligence by promoting Infuse Bone Graft for use in an off-label capacity in cervical surgery and other uses.
- Adverse event reports in relation to Medtronic Infuse show a much higher rate of complication than the rate disclosed by Medtronic in studies they sponsored.
- We have documentation proving that Medtronic paid a surgeon $800,000 to falsify study results about off-label use of Infuse in cervical surgery.
- Medtronic willfully downplayed the risk of death or serious injury that can result from use of Infuse Bone Graft.
- A high number of patients feel that they were not sufficiently informed that their Infuse surgery was off-label, and that they were not made aware of the risks associated with off-label use of Infuse Bone Graft.
What kind of compensation can result from a Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuit?
In a Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuit, victims can recover compensation for emotional, mental, physical, and financial damages, such as:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of wages and/or earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Past and future medical bills
- Physical impairment
- Physical pain and suffering
- Prescription costs
- Therapeutic costs
- Wrongful death
Who qualifies for a Medtronic Infuse lawsuit?
If you suffered any of the below injuries, or if you lost a loved one after surgery with Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft, you may be entitled to compensation in a dangerous medical device lawsuit:
- Ectopic bone growth
- Difficulty swallowing
- Impingement of nerves and nerve damage
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty swallowing
- Male sterility
- Inflammatory cyst formationUncontrolled bone growth
- Retrograde ejaculation
What if I can’t afford an attorney?
Our defective medical device attorneys will never turn a victim away for lack of funds. We work on a contingent fee basis, which means we don’t collect a penny unless we win your case. We also offer no-obligation, free legal consultations to people who feel they may be eligible for a Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuit.
Contact a Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawyer
For more information about Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft lawsuits, contact us today. Our experienced dangerous medical device lawyers will help you review your claim and educate you about your rights in a free legal consultation.