Fuel Gel Recall Lawsuit
A pourable fuel gel recall has been issued by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission regarding Napa Home and Garden’s NAPAfire and FIREGEL as a result of numerous reports of serious burn injuries. This recall does not extend to fire gel produced by another company, Bird Brain, Inc., though burn injuries have also been reported in relation to this product.
If you have suffered a burn injury after using pourable fuel gel such as FIREGEL, you may be entitled to substantial compensation in a product liability lawsuit. Our fuel gel attorneys are ready to review your claim at no cost to you.
Call us at 1-888-554-2889 to speak with an experienced fire gel lawsuit attorney personally. We offer:
- A free, no-obligation case evaluation with a defective product liability lawyer
- No fee unless we win your case
- Flexible appointments
- Help for families with firepot explosion and fuel gel burn injury claims Nationwide
Fuel Gel Recall – FireGel Gel Fuel Recall
On June 22, 2011, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a recall for Napa Home and Garden’s pourable fuel gel following reports of severe burn injuries. This fuel gel was used in the Napa Home and Garden fire pot. The recall covers the following products sold at Bed Bath & Beyond, Shopko, Restoration Hardware, Amazon.com and other vendors:
- NapaFire Regular gel fuel, quart bottle (upc 046654075865)
- NapaFire Regular gel fuel, gallon jug (upc 046654000782)
- NapaFire Citronella gel fuel, quart bottle (upc 046654075872)
- NapaFire Citronella gel fuel, gallon jug (upc 046654000799)
- FireGel Regular gel fuel, quart bottle (upc 046654077302)
- FireGel Citronella gel fuel, quart bottle (upc 046654077319)
Fuel Gel Fires and Explosions
When the fuel in these fire pots gets low, the flame can be virtually invisible. When consumers attempt to refill the pots with the gel fuel, the firepot and fuel can explode and result in serious injury. More than 31 cases of serious fire pot burns have been reported to Napa Home and Garden and the CPSC.
In response to these injuries, Napa Home and Garden issued a precautionary hold on sales of gel fuel and gel fuel burners. The company is offering refunds to all consumers who purchased the fire pots. Nearly 500,000 units of NAPAfire and FIREGEL have been sold.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
At least one fire pot explosion lawsuit has been filed in federal court, and our product liability attorneys are currently reviewing cases where consumers were burned by exploding fire pots and gel fuel. If you have suffered a serious injury after a fire pot explosion, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for medical bills and other damages. Contact our product liability attorneys today for a free review of your claim.