Bard IVC Filter Attorneys
Bard IVC filters are tiny blood clot filter devices that were designed to prevent blood clots from traveling from the lower body to the lungs. Patients often are given a Bard IVC filter if they are deemed to be at significant risk of suffering from a pulmonary embolism and can't take anticoagulants.
Bard Recovery Inferior Vena Cava filters, also known as Bard IVC filters and Bard G2 IVC filters, have been linked to a higher chance of failure and migration. When the arms or struts of the Bard IVC filters rupture or break loose while they are still inside the body serious injury or even death may result.
Call us at 1-888-554-2889 to speak to a Bard IVC Filter lawyer personally.
- Free, no-obligation case evaluations with our defective medical product liability attorneys
- No fee unless we win your case
- Helping IVC Filter injury victims Nationwide
If you or a family member received a defective Bard IVC Inferior Vena Cava Filter, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Our personal injury attorneys are helping clients by filing Bard IVC filter lawsuits and Bard IVC filter claims on behalf of victims and their families across the United States. We represent every Bard IVC filter lawsuit client on a contingent fee basis, meaning there are absolutely no legal fees or costs unless you recover money.
BARD Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter Defects?
The FDA has issued a warning to doctors telling them that there was a risk of patients suffering from complications after having a IVC filter such as the Bard Recovery and G2 filters implanted. The FDA implied that the IVC filters should be removed as soon as the patient was no longer in danger of having a pulmonary embolism. This FDA warning about Bard IVC Filters was issued in August 2010. Since that time, the FDA has received at least 900 complaints about potentially defective Bard IVC filters.
The most common complaint is that a part of the filter was breaking off and migrating throughout the body. Studies indicate that the Bard Recovery IVC filter and Bard G2 IVC are prone to failures and issues that can seriously injure patients.
Risks posed by the Bard Recovery IVC filters or Bard G2 IVC filters include:
- The IVC filter can get lodged in the wrong place
- The IVC filter may change position
- The IVC filter could injure another organ that is close to it
- The IVC filter may break loose and travel to the heart or lungs
- The IVC filter may become so filled with clots that it can block all of the flow in the blood vessel which can make legs swell
- In some cases, so-called “retrievable” filters can't be taken out
Some of the injuries caused by Bard IVC and the G2 IVC filters are:
- Heart or Lung perforation
- Hemorrhagic pericardial effusion (blood around the heart)
- Cardiac tamponade (a disruption of the heart caused by excess fluid)
- Ventricular tachycardia (accelerated heartbeat)
- Puncturing of the vena cava
Our Bard IVC Filter Attorneys have experience with lawsuits stemming from filters that have broken and caused potentially life-threatening injuries.
No Upfront Costs or Legal Fees Unless We Win Your Case!
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed due to a defective Bard IVC Filter or Bard G2 filter, our product liability lawyers can help recover the compensation you may be entitled to. Please call us right away to speak with an experienced product liability attorney who specializes in defective pharmaceutical litigation and dangerous drug recall lawsuits. We can help you and your family to get the justice and compensation you need and deserve.
Inform Your Friends and Family...
If you think your family, friends or colleagues might find this website helpful, please share it with them via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or any of the other popular social networking and/or social bookmarking sites by simply clicking below.